Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thursday April 30, 2015

Thursday April 30, 2015 April is over already. Time does fly. On this date in 1961, it was a Sunday and I wrote my Mother. I told Mom that I was no longer a civilian. On Wednesday, the 26th, I raised my hand and was sworn into the United States Navy. I was now Officer Candidate Seaman Apprentice Scott, USN. I already had my airplane tickets to OCS at Newport, RI. This will be my first flight on a commercial airline. I thanked Mom for my birthday present a pair of PJ. I then went on to complain that they were the wrong size. I was kind of a jerk. Friday night I went to see Mein Kauf. It was about Nazi concentration camps during WW II. I was interviewed after the movie by a local radio station. I did not give the radio guy the answer he wanted and we had words. Saturday night I went and saw “A Raisin in the Sun”. I liked it. I went on to say that by the time I leave for the Navy I will be debt free. The Navy recommended I have some money for the first month. I will have the amount recommended. I think my pay at OCS is $80 per month. Back to 2015: today is swim day for Bob and Nancy. The sun was out bright at 0640 today. Nancy left at 0730 and I stopped at Panera for coffee. At 0930 I got on my bike and headed to MVP. The pool was crowded this morning but I did find an empty lane. I swam my 20 laps. Nancy today swam a mile. Great Job Nancy. I used my iPhone holder on my bike handle and measured the distance home, 3.76 miles. I did stop at Starbucks so I could finish the WSJ. When I got home I looked for Nancy and found her asleep in a chair on the deck. The sun was beating down on her. I grabbed Ms P and we went on our walk. The dryer repairmen came this afternoon. They replaced some defective parts on the dryer. I got cold swimming so I took a short nap under the electric blanket. Both Nancy and I get very cold swimming even though the pool water temp is about 76. Water temp at the old MAC was in the 80s. I actually like the cooler water for swimming.

No comments: