Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday April 3, 2015

Post Number 2024 Friday April 3, 2015: Good Friday Memories of Good Friday: Our spring break consisted of Good Friday and Easter Monday. Two days. On Good Friday all the stores were closed from noon until 1500 so folks could attend Good Friday services. I remember one chore my Mother made me help her with during spring break. We burned coal and our walls would become dirty over the winter months. Mom would give me some wall cleaner. The wall cleaner was like silly putty. When rubbed against the walls it would remove the soot. When your ball of cleaner became black you would get a new one. It was hard work. My Grandmother Scott always said that you should plant your peas on Good Friday. Nancy’s Grandmother said the same thing. On this day in 1938 in Ossineke, Mi: It was a Sunday and my Great Grandfather Sanborn commented on how cold it was. His chickens got out at noon. My Uncle Jim Scott and family called in the afternoon. It was too cold to go fishing but a neighbor brought GGF a bucket of smelt from Cranberry Creek. The temperature was 40 when I took Ms P out at 0700. Nancy headed to MVP for a class and I did the at home stuff. After breakfast I got on the bike and took a 12 mile ride. I took a different route this morning. The route started at Tahoe to Cascade to Ada Drive to Buttrick to 36th Street back to Cascade and home. I keep forgetting how many steep hills there are on Buttrrick. I used my granny gear a lot. I showered and then walked to Panera for coffee and to read the WSJ. The Iran nuke deal dominated the news. I had a quick lunch and then headed to Meijer’s to pick up my MG medicine pills. I used my Apple Pay. Took Ms P on her walk and then took a nap. It is now 1644 and at 1700 we are going out to dinner. We will go to Brann’s this evening. Nothing on TV so it will be a netflix evening.

No comments: