Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wednesday October 23, 2013

It got down into the 30s last night but no frost. Today is my easy day so I pedaled to Bill's for oatmeal. Bill's was nearly empty this morning. When I got home I got in the C2 and ran a banking errand. Despite the cold and wind I decided to take a bike ride. I loaded up the hybrid bike and headed to Millennium Park. The weather must have scared off a lot of folks because the lot was empty. The day was cold and windy but the trees were in full color. I rode 20 miles. I wore a windbreaker that did not breathe so I was covered in sweat. I have to get better at selecting layers. On my way home I stopped at Wealthy Street Bakery to buy a cookie. Nancy worked at the Gardens this afternoon. She got home about the same time I did. After a quick shower I took a 30' nap. We had a light dinner and watched the news. We spent some time looking at flights to Miami. We are going to Panama in February but we need to get to Miami first. I will be glad when DST ends. It is dark at 0800 and I need my bike lights. It might snow tonight. Happy thought.

No comments: