Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wednesday October 2, 2013

Today is Breakfast Club day. They had a great turnout today. Maybe it was because the speaker was the founder of Founder's Beer. Founder's was started in GR about 15 years ago and it is now one of the largest craft beer brewers in the US. They sell their beer in 26 states. No free samples. The cooks at the Women's City Club prepared a great breakfast. Eggs, sausage, fruit and fresh scones made on site. After BC I ran errands. I stopped at Rylee's Hardware to get some parts for my bike mirror. Our GP started offering flu shots yesterday, so I stopped and got a shot. I had coffee at a Starbucks in Knapp's Corner. It is only one day old but I am already tired of reading about the Fed shutdown. Costco had some wool zip up shirts for cold weather, so I bought two. My last stop was Target to look at electric trimmers for my hair. They had some trimmers but they looked too complicated. I want simple. I think I will go back to shaving my head. It is important that old men looked neat and clean. I got home about 1200 and Nancy was getting ready to head out to work at Meijer's Garden. I decided to go on a bike ride. I loaded up my every day bike (urban) and headed to Millennium Park. It was a great day for a bike ride. The sky was blue and the temperature was in the high 70s. We are almost at peak fall colors. Fall in Michigan is great. Even Ms P did not complain when I took her on a mile walk. We are having a light dinner and will watch the TV news. Nancy has an early morning Stress Test so I just set the alarm. Don't want to miss this test. It was not so nice on Oct 2, 1938 in Ossineke, Mi. GGF Sanborn wrote that they had a light frost last night. A thin crust of ice was on all the water surfaces. GGF drove to Alpena to pick up his daughter, Laura. She spent 2.5 hours picking vegetables out of GGF's garden. GGF and GGM drove Laura back to Alpena and stayed for dinner. Oct 2 was a Sunday and GGF commented that they had 15 folks at the Ossineke Methodist Church service.

No comments: