Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesday October 29, 2013

Weekend Update: If I can remember! Saturday October 26: It was dark and gloomy with rain possible when I left for Bill's. I was glad I wore my rain suit because it started sprinkling. I had Bill's oatmeal breakfast special. After breakfast I pedaled around Reeds Lake. I spent most of the afternoon in my office reading "Total Immersion" a book on how to improve my swim technique. I did interrupt my reading to take a short nap. At 1700 Nancy and I got dressed and headed downtown. Tonight we are attending a concert performed by the GR Symphony. Before the concert we stopped at the Amway's Sports Bar and had a quick dinner. Downtown was very crowded. The first half of the concert was a Mozart piece featuring Harp and flute solos. The second half featured another Austrian whose name starts with S. Nancy was surprised that I really liked the concert. Sunday October 27: Up at 0700 and in the pool by 0800. We both swam our 1,500 yards. I practiced the "Total Immersion" strokes. I did lower my time by 30". We stopped at Meijer's for our weekly supplies. Gas was $3.25 per gallon. Nancy fixed her world famous poached eggs for breakfast. Nancy is having a colon scan tomorrow so she can not eat all day. I took my Sunday afternoon nap. I did watch the end of the Lions game. We watched 60' and read the GRP before heading upstairs. Monday October 28: Nancy had to be at the hospital by 0745. We made it and they immediately checked her in. I was impressed by their efficiency. Nancy's procedure was done by 0900. She was still feeling the effects of the knock out medicine. We did stop at the Kava House to buy a scone. Nancy headed upstairs and slept until noon. She was up and feeling much better. The Dr told her to take it easy today. At 1230 I headed to the MAC for a swim. After the MAC I headed to Best Buy and Costco to look at TV sets. Ours is going fast. I bought a 32" set at Costco. When I got home I took Ms P on her walk and then started installing the set. I was surprised but the new set fit our existing wall mount. I did have to make a run to Rylee's to buy some screws. Our set is fitted for the HMDI connection so I could throw all the color coded chords away. I had everything up and running but could not get a picture. I called Comcast and the nice lady had me running in 30". Tuesday October 29: Back to normal, both Nancy and Bob are going to the MAC. However, when I got to the MAC I found that the pool was closed. Bummer. I did some calisthenics and then headed to the Kava House. Nancy was still at the Gift Shop when I got home. I had a quick lunch and then headed upstairs to write this blog. It is now 1445 and the sun is out so I am going to cut the grass for the last time this year. I hope!

No comments: