Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday November 11, 2009

Happy Veteran's Day. Vets might be getting old but I bet any Vet you ask can tell you their service number, 652654 USNR. Today was another nice day. Being Wednesday I had to determine what to do, go kayaking or biking. Of course I could do neither because I have not yet purchased racks for the Cobalt. Instead I went on a 4.5 mile run. It took me 51 minutes to cover this distance. I hope with more practise my time will come down.

I had breakfast at Marie Catrib's. I had a bowl of oatmeal with toast. The food was average but I like the place because it is very bright. The Kava House is very dark and this make reading kind of a strain.

This afternoon I got in the Cobalt and headed to "Hitches By George". I am going to buy a bike rack from these folks. They had to order the rack and it will be installed next week. When I got home, I noticed that we had a lot of cardboard boxes in the garage. I got out my trusty jack knife and cut the boxes down for easy transport. I took all the cardboard to the recycle center.

Since I haven't figured out how to haul my kayak with the Cobalt, I put the kayak up on its rack. I hope to have a kayak car rack by next spring. The garage was very dirty so I swept it out. When I was working I never cleaned the garage. I have too much time on my hands.

Tonight is Nancy's book club so I met Tom M for dinner at Pietro's. I had spaghetti and beer. I have just completed packing for our upcoming trip to Missy's. I also downloaded several books to my Kindle. I will have to set the alarm because tomorrow morning I have a Grand Rapids Building Authority Meeting.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was Friday and GG worked part time in the post office. He also received 4 loads of sheep manure for the garden.

No comments: