Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday November 3, 2009

Finally no rain in the morning. The temperature when I got up was 39 degrees. Today is my day to run the 4k to the MAC. I was a good day for the run. I did stop to talk to the crossing guard for IHM. I see him every time I run and he always waves. He is an Irishman named Kelly. He works every school day. I was surprised when he told me he was 81 years old.

After my shower and breakfast I got on the bike and headed to the voting booth. It was 1100 and I was voter #30. Not a very good turnout for an important election. After voting I head for the Kava House. Today's DFP had several articles on the financial troubles of the ex-mayor of Detroit. They also went bonkers reporting on Ford's $1B profit. Good news for motown.

The WSJ had a good article on the quiet revolution in gas exploration. The fracturing of rock to get natural gas has proven very successful. Our natural gas reserves have nearly doubled in the past 10 years. Maybe T. Boone Pickens is right and we have enough natural gas to drive our truck fleet. Any good ideas on possible investments?

I left the Kava House at 1 because I was having the furnace man stopping by to run a PM on our furnace. He was just pulling into the drive when I got home. I spent some time on the net looking at several companies that might benefit from a large supply of natural gas. I finished the afternoon by walking to the post office to mail some letters.

Tonight Nancy is fixing me a salmon fillet. We will watch NCIS at 8 and then I will head to bed because tomorrow I have breakfast club so I get up at 0535.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. It was a warm day. The Friendly Circle met today at Mrs Browns. GG said the both he and Hazel attended. GG worked in the post office in the afternoon. He drove the car and trailer to get fixed. It cost $8.

No comments: