Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday November 23,2009

I did not wake up until 0700. My wake up time keeps getting later and later. We had another nice day in GR. It was sunny with temperatures in the 50s. This has been a very sunny November. I did not get to the Kava House until about 12 noon. The DFP and WSJ both had some very interesting articles. As I have mentioned before it takes about 90 minutes to read both papers.

After a quick lunch I have to head downtown for a 2:45 eye appointment. I complained to the Dr that I thought my contact was weak. I only wear one contact and that is in my right eye. The contact eye is for distance and the natural eye is for reading. I told the Dr that I had trouble reading street signs. He gave me a good exam. He said that I had developed some astigmatism since the last exam. He popped in a new contact and eureka I can see. It was amazing at the difference.

I stopped by the post office to have our mail stopped while we are away. I also called Debbie on my Onstar phone. The phone works great and it is hands free. I now have Nancy and Debbie programmed into the phone. Missy and Steve will soon follow. I finished the afternoon with a 3 mile walk.

Nancy and I watched "House". I really don't like the show but I always stay to the end because I want to see the final solution. I read a very interesting article on Larry Summers in "Vanity Fair". Vanity Fair usually has two interesting articles in each issue.

No comments: