Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday November 22, 2009

The alarm goes off at 0646 and we get up and head for the MAC. Today both Nancy and I swam 1500 yards. After the MAC we made our Sunday trip to Meijers to get our weekly supplies. We did not get much this week because of our upcoming trip. Nancy again fixed her world famous poached eggs for breakfast.

I read several sections of the Sunday paper and then took my afternoon nap. Am I predictable or not?

This evening we had dinner at the Moleski's with the Nameys and Tim, 7 total. We had Polish sausage, Brussels sprouts, mixed vegetables and for dessert we did fruit slices dipped in chocolate. We did the dipping kinda like fondue. A good time was had by all.

On this date in 1963 President John F. Kennedy was shot. Nearly every one who was alive at the time can remember this date. I was stationed in South Vietnam at the time. I was a LTJG in the US Navy's Civil Engineering Corps. I learned of the shooting at 0400 while eating breakfast. In fact I remember I was told of the shooting by an army major named Kowak. It was a sad day for the USA.

No comments: