Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday November 2, 2009

The TV 13 weatherman said today was going to be a dry day. Little did he know. I had to wear my rain pants on my pedal to the MAC this morning. It was sprinkling all the way to the club. The sun did try to come out on my ride to the Kava House but it was a weak attempt.

I got home about 1 PM and then Nancy and I headed to Costco for some supplies. We bought beer, paper towels, wine and 2 cd players for the grand daughters. Costco now has their own beer. I bought a case to see what they have to offer. We also stopped at the dollar store so Nancy could buy a picture frame. After the errands I drove to SCECO to talk with Eric about some planned work on the 6th Street Bridge. Eric's detailed inspection uncovered some significant problem areas. Eric has a good handle on what has to be done.

Not much on TV tonight so after I read the GRP I will continue reading my book on President A. Jackson. He was a very interesting character. Did you know in 1938 that hamburger was $0.39 a pound and eggs were $0.18 per dozen. Life expectancy was 59.7 years.

Ossineke, MI this date in 1938. The weather on this Wednesday was very summer like. GG only noted that Huey hauled 8 loads of sheep manure.

No comments: