Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday August 26, 2008

The day started cool (48) but sunny. Jackets and pants were the uniform of the day.

Today I drove to Rosebush, MI to have lunch with cousin Peg. We had lunch at Tony's in St Louis. Peg had the hamburger and fries and I had a hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum. Spell check said I have a Dan Quail problem.

After lunch we visited the cemetery to see if the nursery had put in new bushes. We then stopped at the library to see if Aunt Helen's grandfather clock had been returned to its place of honor. It had. We also stopped at the nursery to see when they would do the work at the cemetery. When we got back to Rosebush Manor I brought in my XM radio boom box to see if we could get any reception in Peg's north facing room. Well ! much to my surprise the boom box worked perfect by just placing the receiver on the window ledge. So I will now buy Peg a XM radio.

Nancy got some bad news today that her college room mate (Bonnie Rogers) passed away in Ohio. Nancy and her Albion friends have sent flowers.

Tonight we watched the Democratic convention. We are also watching the US Open. Tomorrow is Nancy's birthday. We will go out to dinner.

No comments: