Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday August 29, 2008

I went to bed late last night. In keeping with my new policy to wake up when my body tells me, I slept in until 0630. I did not complete my normal morning routine until 1200.

The Detroit newspaper was full of articles on the trials and tribulations of Detroit's Mayor. They also detail the problems in the auto industry. I was surprised that I did not here any comments on BO's speech last night. Most talk was about high school football.

JM sure surprised everyone with his VP selection. I wanted Mitt. I did not even know the Alaska Gov. was under consideration.

I got a call from the UM regarding the upcoming seminar. I give my first lecture on September 18. They think I should use a PowerPoint presentation. I will have to start getting prepared next week.

I found a special launch site on Reeds Lake for only kayaks and canoes. It is uncrowded and has nearby parking. It makes launching a kayak very easy. I spent about 1 hour on the lake.

Tonight Nancy and I went to the Sundance for dinner. After dinner Nancy purchased a small rug for the kid's bathroom. She has also used the Talbot's credit card she received for her birthday.

Tomorrow I must talk to Tasha about some confusing features on the blog. I am also thinking should I take the laptop to the Elder school?

No comments: