Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday August 9, 2008

Saturday dawned as a warm sunny day. Isn't every August day in GR warm and sunny.

After breakfast at the Brandywine I loaded up the road bike and headed to Montcalm County. My goal today is to ride the Fred Meijer Heartland Trail. Most of the construction work on the trail was designed by our office. I started in Sidney and headed northeast for Edmore a distance of 12 miles. It was a pleasant trip as was the return trip. I also traveled southwest about 5 miles. Total travel today = 34 miles. The nice thing about the old RR grades is that they are flat and have no autos.

The Detroit Free Press on Friday had nine full pages on the trials and tribulations of the Detroit mayor. Today the paper had all the details on John Edwards. The GOP does not have a lock on bad boys.

The Olympics are very interesting. I am having trouble getting my computer to give me the streaming reports. I will have to play with it some more. I hope Mike Phelps does not experience the SI curse.

No comments: