Friday, March 20, 2020

Thursday March 19, 2020

Thursday March 19, 2020

Blog time 1745 sitting in living room

Today is the first day of Astronomical Spring.  Not to be confused with meteorological spring which started 01MAR.

Nancy was up at 0600.  She dressed and headed to D&W.  She heard that D&W is open from 0700 to 0900 on Tuesday and Thursday for seniors only.  She was looking for sanitary wipes.  No luck.

I slept in until 0700.  I did my calisthenics at home.  I have been doing the same exercises since the mid 50s.  No weights, the only apparatus I use is a chin up bar.  Of course instead of 19 chin-ups I now am lucky to do 8.

 Breakfast and then headed out for an eleven mile bike ride.  At the same time Nancy walked to Panera to get her coffee mug filled.

It was cool, mid 30s, but no wind so the ride was pleasant.  Passed a number of walkers.  Pedaled by the Y and the parking lot was empty.

At home I showered and shaved.  After made a trip to Panera for my daily coffee.  Panera has switched their 
inside staff to delivery.  No layoffs, which is good.

Nancy and I made a quick trip to Aldi’s.  We bought fruit, vegetables and several boxes of Nancy’s favorite crackers.

Today the lawn folks started spring cleanup of our yards.  Got rid of all the leaves and accumulated winter debris.  I headed out before they reached our yard and picked up all the corn cobs.

I made a quick trip to the Vets to pick up Ms P’s pills.  I parked outside the vets office and they brought the pills to the car.  Overkill?  

Lunch and then some work in the office before nap.  Finished the afternoon with our apple snack.

For dinner Nancy fixed me a Stout Pie with coleslaw and Irish Soda Bread.  We watched the news and Jeopardy in the living room.  Our living room TV did not cut out like the one in the den while watching traditional TV.

At 2000 we switched to the den.  Using Apple TV only we continued watching an Australian detective show on Acorn.  I can’t remember the show’s name but we both like it.  Nancy headed to bed and I watched a crime show filmed in Iceland.  Most of the show was filmed in winter.  Iceland in winter looks very cold.

It was 51 when took Ms P out at 2200.  It will be warm and rainy most of the night.  Temperatures will plunge during the day tomorrow.

This and that;

We are establishing a stay at home routine.  My biggest problem is setting a time to read the news and write blog.

On my bike ride I passed a lot of folks walking.  Walking is now the go to aerobic exercise now that gyms are closed.

I put out corn for deer at 1800.  At 1900 we had seven deer in the backyard.  I have enough corn for one more day and then no more corn this year.

WW II had a major impact on the lives of all citizens.  I think the Coronavirus might be second.


No comments: