Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Tuesday March 17, 2020

Tuesday March 17, 2020

Blog time 1900 sitting in den

HAPPY ST PATRICK’S DAY

This year with all restaurants and bars closed St Patrick’s Day will be very quiet.  It is a big hit for all our Irish pubs.

Today is also the birthday of my Great Grandfather James Lee Sanborn.  GGF Sanborn was born in 1856 in Sanborn, New York.  I love reading his 1938 diary.  Of course as all reader know I was born in 1938.

Nancy was first up.  It was mild with temps in Mid 30s.  I slept in until 0700.  Did my calisthenics and then breakfast.  Oatmeal, banana, toast with peanut butter.

I headed out for a 12 mile bike ride.  During this time Nancy got her hair cut.  Arrived at home at 1030.  Shaved and showered.

Nancy and I then headed out for some errands.  First stop was Panera.  We bought our coffee using the drive thru.  Next we stopped at Lake Mi CU so Nancy could make a deposit.  Once again we used the drive thru.  Next was Great Harvest Bread.  Nancy bought two loaves of seven grain bread.  Also bought a loaf of Irish Soda Bread for me.  Final stop was Costco.  Bought Cheerios, wine, meat loaf dinner and a Mac and cheese dinner.

At home had a quick lunch.  Took nap followed by our afternoon apple snack.  Finished the afternoon with a mile walk.

Nancy fixed the meatloaf with mashed potatoes that we bought at Costco.  I also had peas.  Very good.


This evening we did our usual evening activities which included snack, news, Jeopardy and then switched to Netflix/Acorn shows.  Clear sky and mild when took Ms P out at 2200.

No comments: