Sunday, March 8, 2020

Sunday March 8, 2020

Sunday March 8, 2020

Blog for Thursday 03/05 through Sunday 03/09

Time is 1650 Sunday sitting in office.

What a week! Nancy had her accident Monday.  The car was totaled but Nancy says she feel fine.  I have watched her closely and she does not appear to be in any pain, except for many some stomach pains.  Probably the flu.

Nancy has scheduled some ultra sound test on her carotid  arteries on Tuesday.  If no blockage is found she will be back driving.  Which means we will have to rent a car until I can find a suitable used car.

Thursday March 5, 2020

No MVP for Nancy today.  I have a quick breakfast and then drive to the Y.  Do my calisthenics, stationary bike ride (10th) and a half mile walk.  After showering I head to Panera.  Spent a short time at Panera.  Just time enough to finish yesterday’s blog.

Stopped at home to check on Nancy.  She was ok so I drove to bank to get the Taurus’s title out of lockbox.  

Stopped at D&W to get coleslaw for dinner tonight.  Took a short walk before lunch.

After lunch we gathered up our tax data and headed to Integrity Tax Service to drop off data and sign many forms.

At home I wrote the monthly note to Grandkids.  Soup for dinner.  Tonight we watched an episode of Hunted on Netflix.

I mentioned yesterday that March 4 is mother’s birthday.  Every birthday I call my sister, Helen, in Arizona.  She was expecting my call. We spent some time reminiscing.

Friday March 6, 2020

It was raining when got up.  Temperature was in mid 30s.  Drove to Y for exercises and then to Panera for a quick coffee.

After lunch we drove downtown to attend the Home and Garden Show.  Looking at the crowd you would think that Friday is Seniors Day.  We spent about 90 minutes walking around.  An enjoyable way to spend a rainy March afternoon.

We had dinner at a new restaurant in the neighborhood, Electric Cheetah.  They just opened so they had not yet received their liquor license.  I had a bowl of corn chowder and Nancy and I split a beef dip sandwich.  The food was good.

Finished the evening watching an episode of Midsomer Murders.  

Saturday March 7, 2020

We decided despite the sun that today we would drive to Panera.  I had my oatmeal, bagel and coffee.  Nancy just had a coffee.

After breakfast we drove to Woodland Mall.  We walked a mile and then stopped at Apple Store.  Left my iphone off so a new battery could be installed.  Nancy did stop at Macy’s and bought a sweater.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  I loaded up my summer bike and took it to the Ada Bike shop for it annual maintenance check.  On way home I picked up my iphone at the Apple store.

Lunch and then I pumped up the tires on my winter bike and took a ride.  A perfect Spring day for a bike ride.  I did not need the studded steel tires.

Nancy fixed soup for dinner.  I also had several slices of Irish Soda bread.

Tonight we watched and episode of Endeavour.  I fell asleep half way through.  I miss my nap.

Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and watched Bordertown.  Before going to bed I set the clocks ahead an hour.  I don’t like DST.

Sunday March 8, 2020

The alarm went off at 0630.  Took Ms P out and then Nancy and I took a mile walk.  Beautiful full moon this morning.  The woodpeckers were also very active this morning.

Make a quick stop at Panera to get a coffee for both of us.  We took our coffee to Trinity Lutheran.  Church was not crowded this morning.  Was worry about the Coronavirus outbreak a cause?  This morning instead of shaking hands during the share the Peace moment we just simply bowed.

Made a quick stop at Meijer’s.  Hard to believe but gas was just $2.19 this morning.

Dropped off our groceries and then we made a trial run to Metro Health’s lab in Byron Center.  We should have no problem on Tuesday.

I did take a short nap this afternoon.  After I fixed our apple snack.

Debbie FaceTimed us this afternoon.  She has been under the weather for several days.  Apple employees in the Bay Area are now working from home.  Debbie said her group had a conference call this morning.

Nancy is fixing her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  I am having mine with spinach pie, sausage and Irish Soda bread.

I will take a walk after dinner and then watch some 
TV.  It is now 1730 and the temperature is 62.  Hard to believe.


No comments: