Friday, March 27, 2020

Thursday March 26, 2020

Thursday March 26, 2020

Blog time Friday March 27, 1200 sitting in living room. I still have problems fitting blog writing into my new schedule.

Thursday, Nancy is up at 0550 to take Ms p out.  The temperature was a mild 51.  Nancy headed out for her two mile walk.

Calisthenics, breakfast and then I headed out on an eleven mile bike ride.  With the temperature being in the 50s I thought might be over dressed.  But not the case.  

Everyone I think is obeying the “shelter in place” order.  Traffic was very light.  I am amazed at how much noise heavy traffic generates.  The ride today was very pleasant because it was so quiet.  

The only sounds I heard today were birds.  Robins of course were singing but I like to hear the woodpeckers hammering away.  I hear them all over the neighborhood.  Also saw a flock of about 15 wild Turkeys.

At home I shaved and showered.  Drove to Panera to buy my morning coffee.  

Before lunch Nancy and I drove to Costco.  Nancy picked up at prescription. We bought eye drops, wine and a chicken pot pie for dinner tonight.

Spent some time reading my emails and the news before taking a nap.  After the nap I fixed our apple snack. 

Nancy found time to take another walk.  Every she walks about four miles.

This afternoon daughter-in-law Veronica called.  She wanted my advise about hiring an engineering manager.  I told her what I thought was important.  I was flattered that Veronica wanted my advice.

For dinner we had the chicken pot pie purchased earlier today at Costco.  Fixed our after dinner snack.  We watched the news, Jeopardy before moving to the den.  Tonight we watched an episode of Midsomer Murders.  I fell asleep.

 Missy and Debbie FaceTimed us tonight.  We told them every thing was ok.  Great to hear from them.


No comments: