Monday, March 16, 2020

Sunday March 15, 2020

Weekend Update for WE 15MAR20

Blog started March 15, 2100 sitting in den.

Saturday March 14, 2020

Temperature was slightly below freezing but no wind.  We walked to Panera.  The place was empty.  Had my standard oatmeal breakfast.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  Then we drove to CarMax to look for a car.  Originally my thought was to buy a late model small four door sedan.  I thought because Ford and GM were getting out of the sedan business that our best bargain would be to purchase a sedan.  Wrong! We wanted AWD and a lot of safety features.  To get this in a mid sized sedan pushed the cost above our budget.  However, we could purchase a late model Escape like we have for a reasonable cost.  They had several we liked but could not agree on the color.  Next week!

After lunch we drove to our tax preparer,  signed forms allowing electronic filing and paid our bill.  I was surprised at how much we owed.  But why complain if you made money.

At home I reviewed our taxes and had some questions on an account we have for the kids.  Called Debbie and she had me check some records.  Debbie cleared things up for me.  Also called the tax preparer and she answered my questions.  I am satisfied.  Now we just have to write checks.

Found time this afternoon to take a nap and a walk.  Nancy fixed poached eggs for dinner.  I had mine on a waffle.

Tonight we watched an episode of Midsomer Murders before turning in.  Tomorrow should be a sunny day.

Sunday March 15, 2020

This morning we took a mile walk.  Because of the Coronavirus church was cancelled today.  We drove to Meijer’s to buy some supplies.  Next we drove to Fresh Thyme to purchase Irish Soda bread and fruit.

Before lunch I read the GRP.  Lunch and then a nap.  After the nap, we had an apple snack.  Finished the afternoon with a six mile bike ride around the neighborhood.

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  I had mine with spinach pie, soda bread and sausage.

Debbie FaceTimed us to check how we were doing.  She keeps hearing about how the Coronavirus attacks old folks.  We gave a positive report.

Watched 60 Minutes before switching to Acorn.  We watched an episode of Blood. Very confusing.
The temperature was in the 20s when took Ms P out at 2200.  Cold but sunny tomorrow.

With all the bad health news I want to report some good news.  Earlier in the week my MG was acting up causing double vision.  When driving I had to wear an eyepatch.  I increased the number of pills I take and now the double vision is gone. 




No comments: