Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Tuesday August 6, 2019

Tuesday August 6, 2019

Blog time 1100 at Panera

This morning Nancy and Ms P were up at 0600.  I once again overslept.  Got up at 0700.

We had a light rain pass through last night.  My weather app said rain all this morning.

Nancy headed out early this morning for her Tuesday swim at MVP.  She returned 20 minutes later saying the pool was closed because of equipment breakdown.

After breakfast I stepped outside to check the weather.  I thought it looked ok to bike.  I was just underway when it started to sprinkle.  Changed course and took the short route to the Y.  The rain had stopped about 20 minutes into my ride.

Calisthenics and a walk before heading to Panera.  Finished yesterday’s blog and read some news before heading home.

Busy day today for Bob and Nancy.  I am driving Nancy to her 1500 doctor’s appointment.  After the visit we are driving directly to Meijer Gardens.  Tonight we are working at the concert. 

Shower and then lunch, normal lunch of yogurt, hard boiled egg and cheese.  After I reclined on my easy chair and slept sound for 30 minutes.

At 1430 we headed to Mercy Health located south of M6 on Byron Center.  Nancy checked in and had an X-ray taken of her foot.  The Doctor was 20 minutes late so Nancy told the receptionist she had to work at the Gardens and needed to leave.  The receptionist rescheduled.  Nancy thanked her by giving her a free pass to the Gardens.

Got to the Gardens at 1630 just in time for both of us to check in.  Nancy sold tickets and I took tickets.  I was very busy because half the ticket takers did not show.  Like last week the Gardens had a capacity crowd.  The concert started at 1900 but folks were still streaming in at 1930.  

The free Tuesday concerts draw a nice eclectic mix of folks. Although seniors and large families seem to predominant, Nancy said she thought she sold unusual number of tickets to single women.  It was a beautiful summer’s evening.


After the shift I bought a hot dog and beer and watched the concert.  We liked the first band but gave the second band a C+.  Got home at 2130.  Watched the ending of an NCIS rerun before turning in.    

No comments: