Saturday, August 3, 2019

Friday August 2, 2019

Friday August 2, 2019

Blog time 1130 at Panera

Normal morning, Nancy up at 0550 with Ms P and I get up at 0630.  Nancy never eats breakfast. She left at 0730 for her class at MVP.  

I had breakfast.  It was 55 when I left for the Y at 0800.  An hour later when I got to the Y the temp was 70.  Calisthenics and walk before heading to Panera.

I got a message from my Sister, Helen, at 1030.  She and two Granddaughters were visiting a friend at Sentinel Pt.  Sentinel Pt is just down the street from our condo.  

After her visit Helen and Granddaughters are heading to GVSU.  Helen wanted directions.  Granddaughter Paige starts GVSU this fall.

This and that:

Will Puerto Rico ever resolve their Governor problem?  Whatever happened to PR’s independence movement?

President Trump pulls the USA out of the missile treaty with Russia.  Russia had already disregarded the treaty.  I was surprised that NATO actually had little objection.

Is this a bit too much!  The young folks in Sweden are now objecting to air travel because of its impact on Climate Change.  Taking a train or a ship is now the preferred method of travel.

It was 80 when I left Panera at 1230.  Showered, lunch and then headed downstairs to the office.  

I wrote my monthly letter to Grandkids.  Also cleaned my in basket.  Yes even us old folks have in baskets.

At 1600 Nancy and I headed out to an early dinner at Schnitz Deli in Ada Village.  We sat outside.  Perfect day for outside dining.  I had a bowl of cream of Broccoli soup and two glasses of wine.  Nancy had a club sandwich with diet drink.  I ate half her sandwich.  We give the place an A for both food and atmosphere.  Love summer outside dining!

At home we watched several shows on Acorn.  The temp was in high 60s at bed time.  Once again no AC needed.      


  

No comments: