Friday, August 23, 2019

Thursday August 22, 2019

Thursday August 22, 2019

I got up at 0545 and took Ms P out.  It was still dark and I needed a flash light.  The temperature was in mid 60s and the humidity was gone.  A sunny day is forecast.

Nancy headed out for her Thursday swim.  Later she is having lunch with college friend Karen Horlings.

This afternoon we are attending the Visitation for our old neighbor Dr Larry Burns.  Today obituary for Larry said that he was raised on a farm near Carson City.  Larry had ten siblings.  A typical good Irish family.  

This and that;

What ever happened to fiscal conservatives?  The GOP has abandoned this role.  We need a new political party.

So many “he said, she said” incidents today I wish we had a full proof lie detector test.

Why does POTUS pick a fight with Denmark.  It is childish.

As soon as I got home Nancy wanted me the check our WiFi.  No luck getting online, checked our new box and noted no power was getting to the box.  Called our computer guy and he ordered a new box. Stay tuned.

Nancy said the lunch with Karen was great.  Karen a recent widow is adjusting well. 

Showered and then a quick lunch.  We left for the funeral home at 1400.  A huge crowd was in attendance including several old neighbors and men I see at the Y.  The big attendance was a sure sign Larry was well respected.

Tonight we are staying home.  For dinner I drove to D&W and bought a turkey sub and coleslaw.  Since we have no WiFi I took my iPad and used the store’s.


After dinner, fixed Nancy’s cheese/cracker snack, followed by a walk.  With no WiFi we could not watch Apple TV.  I cleared my stack of unread magazines.  We were both in bed by 2200.  

No comments: