Monday, August 19, 2019

Sunday August 18, 2019

Weekend Update for Week Ending 18AUG19

Blog time 1930 on Sunday August 18, sitting in Den

Saturday August 17, up at 0600.  Today we walked to Panera for breakfast.  Left home at 0730, it was sunny and cool, 60.

I had my standard oatmeal, along with sprouted grain bagel with peanut butter, banana and coffee.  Nancy drank her coffee and watched me eat.  Total round trip distance to Panera is 1.6 miles.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  I put on my bike riding clothes and headed out on an 11 mile ride.  Great day for a ride.

After the ride shaved and showered.  Lunch and then I finished yesterday’s blog and read the news.  Took a short nap in my recliner.  I sleep well in the recliner.

At 1530 Nancy and I drove to Rose’s for an early dinner.  We sat outside and enjoyed a nice summer day.  I had a beer and Caesar salad with salmon.  Nancy had the cherry chicken salad.  The food is always great at Rose’s.  We gave it an A-.

This evening we watched an episode of Midsomer Murder.  Debbie FaceTimed this evening.  We got caught up.

Everybody was in bed by 2200.  Light rain this evening.  No need for AC.

Sunday August 18, 2019

Up at 0630, it looks like another nice day.  First thing this morning we took a 1.3 mile walk.  Saw no critters or other walkers.

Breakfast and then a quick trip to get a coffee.  We left home at 0840 for Trinity Lutheran.  As expected there were not many folks in attendance.  Last weekend of summer vacations for kids.  

We made a quick stop at Meijer’s for supplies.  Gas today was $2.69.

At home I stepped out for a walk but it started to rain.  Walk delayed.

The GRP was not delivered today.  Nancy called and they gave us a credit.  Luckily I get the digital edition.  I read the paper before a nap.

After the nap I took a walk.  Spent some time before dinner reading some news on line.

Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  Also link sausage and spinach pie.  Our standard Sunday evening meal.
Watched 60 Minutes. They had a rerun on plastic waste in the oceans.  Midway Island was highlighted because of its remote location and the amount of waste on its beaches.  Having spent time on Midway.  I recognized the beaches and airfield but none of the buildings.


We watched an episode of Unforgotten on Prime.  Nancy to bed and I stayed up and watched Outlander.

No comments: