Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Tuesday August 13, 2019

Tuesday August 13, 2019

Blog time 1155 at Panera

Nancy first up at 0530, I followed at 0630.  Looks like another day without rain.

Nancy has a busy day ahead.  She has a Doctor’s appointment at 0830.  Lunch in Rockford with friends from the Gardens.  Tonight we are both working at this evening’s concert.

After breakfast I took my 7 mile route to the Y.  Standard routine at Y and then I headed to Panera.

Finished yesterday’s blog before starting reading the news.

This and that;

Today is National Left Hander Day.  Take a lefty to lunch!

Hong Kong riots still going strong.  

GR has been lucky this summer.  The terrible heat and rains have bypassed us.

We hear all the bad news about this Spring’s bad weather ruining crops.  Nancy and I drove through miles of corn country and it looked pretty good to us.  Read today that the USDA overestimated the weather damage and the actual corn harvest exceeds their estimates.

We still do not have NBC on our Direct TV.  It has been over a month.

A fungi is ruining the banana crop.  No solution on the horizon.  Too bad I love my daily banana.

Shaved and shower before lunch.  Took a nap and then fixed our apple snack.  At 1600 we left for Meijer Gardens to work at the Tuesday night concert.

I took tickets and Nancy sold tickets.  Nice crowd tonight.  Another perfect night for an outdoor concert.  I was on my feet from 1630 to 1930.  Too much time on the feet because my hip was hurting after the shift.

For dinner I bought two hot dogs and a beer.  Nancy brought a salad.

Got home at 2130.  No TV tonight but I did skim the digital edition of the GRP.


Missy FaceTimed us this evening.  She said AJ starts school next week.  She also reported that she likes her no hearing aid.  It works great.  Good news.  

No comments: