Friday, August 2, 2019

Thursday August 1, 2019

Thursday August 1, 2019

Blog time 1150 at Panera

Nancy and Ms P were up at 0500.  I slept in until 0700.  Nancy headed out early for her Thursday swim.  This afternoon she is having lunch with Kathi Kothe.  They will swim in Kathi’s pool after lunch.

Today I took my normal 7 mile route to the Y.  Light traffic and no critters.  Where are the wild turkeys?  It was 55 when I left home and when I got to the Y it was 70.  The Sun has some warmth.

Today is first day of August.  Most kids probably feel some sadness because Vacation is winding down.  I should start seeing high school cross country teams out running in the early mornings.

Brexit/Boris, Democrat’s debate, and Trump raising the tariffs on Chinese goods, Feds rate cut dominates the news.  With the nice weather we have been having who has time to worry about the news.  Get outside folks and enjoy!

Got home just as Nancy was leaving for lunch and a swim with Kathi.  After a shower and lunch I headed to Rivertown Mall in Grandville.  I wanted to see what Eddie Bauer had on sale.  I bought light weight trousers that were 40% off.  The new materials are really comfortable.

I also stopped at Cabela’s.  Cabela’s has a large selection of clothing that I like.  However, today nothing caught my eye.

At home I took a short nap.  Nancy got home at 1700.  She got sunburned swimming this afternoon.

For dinner I drove to Subway and got a turkey breast sub.  It hit the spot.

No snack tonight for Nancy.  I took a short walk before  we watched Father Brown followed by Covert Affairs.  No AC tonight, a great night for sleeping.    


No comments: