Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Tuesday August 20, 2019

Tuesday August 20, 2019

Blog time 1130 at Panera

Nancy and Ms P up at 0600 and I follow at 0630.  Nancy swims today so she left early.  Breakfast and then at 0800 I headed to Y.  It was sunny but very humid.  I did see a flock of wild turkeys.

Calisthenics and walk before heading to Panera.  Just sat down when I got a call about scheduling my ultrasound for hernia.  It will be tomorrow afternoon.

Finished yesterday’s blog, reading the Alpena News and my email before reading Apple’s News and WSJ.  

This and that;

The Epstein scandal is running out of steam.

The Plague is considered a Medieval disease but Prairie Dogs in Colorado have been found to carry the disease.  The disease has not yet reached humans.  We have to be constantly on guard.

Russia had a serious nuclear accident at a missle testing site.  Guess what!  the nearby international monitoring sites were off line so no reliable data is available.  Not surprising!

Nancy and I sometimes stay in Carson, Ca when visiting the LA area.  I always observed RV vehicles parked along the nearby streets.  It looked like folks were living in them.  I guess this is a real problem.  With housing costs so great folks are forced to use an RV as their permanent residence.  It is getting to be a real problem.

I got home at 1300.  Showered and shaved before lunch.  Nancy has a 1400 appointment with our ENT doc.

After lunch I dropped shirts off at the laundry.  I also got the Escape washed.

Took a short nap and then got ready for tonight’s neighborhood dinner.

Nancy said the ENT tested her hearing.  Everything is ok.  

We picked up our old neighbor Sonya at 1800 and headed to Noto’s.  25 neighbors showed up.  We spent 45 minutes before dinner socializing, best part of evening.  The main course, chicken, was good.  Pleasant evening.

We got home at 2100.  Nancy headed to bed but I stayed up and watched Outlander.  The muggy weather should end tomorrow.

  






No comments: