Thursday, February 1, 2018

Wednesday January 31, 2018

Wednesday January 31, 2018

Blog time 1125 at Panera

It is Breakfast Club Wednesday.  Up at 0515 to get ready.  The temperature was 30 heading to the high 30s later.  Made quick stop at Panera for my first morning coffee.  I did not see the Trifecta Moon.

Today’s speaker was a stock broker with Edward Jones in GR.  His advice was that us old folks should have 50% of funds in bonds.  Bob and Nancy are not even close.  The speaker and members all made comment on the SOU address.  Not much agreement except it was too long.

I just checked stock market and Dow Jones is up 143 after two days of losses.  Is this bump because of the President’s SOU?

After BC I headed to the Y.  For the first time in nearly a year I went swimming.  I swam 30 minutes.  Swimming is easy on the joints.

Read the papers but nothing new.  I did read about the Amtrak train carrying GOP congressmen being involved in a accident with a truck.  Amtrak does not need any more bad press.

A long train trip is on my bucket list.  I would love to take the train from GR to CA.  Nancy showed me Road Scholar train trip from Beijing to Moscow.  The cost is exorbitant but I would love to take it.

At home I did my normal Wednesday chores, trash and laundry.  Nancy did not work at the Gardens this afternoon because attendance is down in midwinter.  Nancy thought the dryer vent was plugged.  The dryer vent outlet is near our front door.  I removed the vent cover and used a long back scratcher to remove a lot of lint.  Had trouble getting the vent back on.  I made several trips to Ace to purchase screws and a new cover.  I finished the afternoon with a nap.

Light dinner, the news and then watched an episode of Tin Star on Amazon and The Killing on Netflix.  The weather returns to normal tomorrow.


No comments: