Monday, February 12, 2018

Sunday February 11, 2018

Weekend Update

Saturday February 10, 2018

Blog time 1145 at Cascade Library

It was 18 with light snow this morning.  Nancy and I bundled up and walked to Panera for breakfast.  We decided to have an early dinner tonight at Rose’s in East Grand Rapids.

Cascade Twp still has not plowed their sidewalks so we walked in the street.  Not a safe thing to do.

At home Nancy started the laundry.  I walked to Macatawa Bank to make a deposit and then continued on to the Library.

The Library as usual was busy.  I found a comfortable chair and finished Friday’s blog and read the news.  Sitting next to me was a fellow civil engineer, Gordon Start.  Gordon and I were classmates at UM.  

At home put away my laundry and then a short nap.  At 1545 we headed out to Rose’s on Reeds Lake for an early dinner.  We had no problem getting a table near the lake.  15 minutes later they had a waiting list.  The food is always good at Rose’s.  I had a bowl of butternut squash bisque and Nancy had a turkey cranberry sandwich.  We gave Rose’s an A.

This evening we watched the Olympics.  Debbie FaceTimed us.  We always enjoy our FaceTime conversations.  

Sunday February 11, 2018:  

Blog time 2120 sitting in den;

We had four inches of snow overnight.  I shoveled our short walk.  Temp was in mid teens when we headed out to the Y.  Nancy swam and I did mild calisthenics and a 2K row.

It was still snowing when we left the Y.  Most roads had not been cleared.  Thank God for AWD.  At home changed clothes and headed to Trinity Lutheran.  We were surprised that with driving being so treacherous so many folks showed up for the 1000 service.  

I was surprised that Lent starts on Valentine’s Day.  Easter is April 1st.  I just Googled the earliest date for Easter and it was March 22.

After church we headed to Meijer’s for gas and groceries.  Surprise again, Meijer’s was crowded.  Parking was difficult because the plows could not keep the parking lot clear.

At home unloaded the groceries.  I took the Taurus to D&W and filled it up.  Gas was $2.54 per gallon.  I sure wish Nancy would let me trade in the Taurus.  It is getting a little long in the tooth.  Also made a quick stop at Chow Hound to buy a bag of corn.

Quick lunch and then a short nap.  After the nap I shoveled the walk.  I walked to our back yard to grab our sled.  The snow was about a foot deep.  I put the bag of corn on the sled and headed back.  Had to shovel out three spots in the snow so the deer can see the corn.

Finished my outdoor activities with a walk around the block.  Nancy fixed her world famous scrambled eggs for dinner.  She added spinach to the eggs.  Great addition!  

Watched 60 Minutes and then the Olympics.  We headed to bed at 2130.




No comments: