Thursday, February 15, 2018

Wednesday February 14, 2018

Wednesday February 14, 2018

Blog time 0830 sitting at Kitchen Table

Happy Valentines Day!  

It was 26 degrees early this morning with today’s high expected to be 40.  I am sitting at the Kitchen table waiting for the plumber.

Rain is predicted for tomorrow.  Rain, good grief I would rather have snow.

Last night at 0300 I got up to close the bedroom window.  Looked out the window and saw two deer eating the corn I had put out.  They must have a great sense of smell and great night vision to find the corn in darkness and deep snow.  They just eat the kernels and leave the cob.

The plumber arrived at 0845.  It took him 30 minutes to replace the frost free faucet.  

Walked to Panera in bright sunshine.    I had an oatmeal breakfast before starting reading the news.

Today is Ash Wednesday.  I know that because I saw several men at Panera with ash marks on their foreheads.  

A Valentine story from my archives.  In 1964 I was single and a Navy LTjg stationed in Vietnam.  I was one of five Navy Civil Engineers in my group.  We were all in our mid 20s and single.  For Valentine’s Day 1964 we all received just one Valentine.  That Valentine was from Mom.  God Bless Moms everywhere.

Forget the Miracle on Ice, the USA won the hockey gold metal at the 1960 games.  The Olympics were held at Squaw Valley, CA.  Best of all the hockey games were played outdoors.  Hockey should always be played outdoors.  

Finally Congress and POTUS are talking about a new gas tax.  $0.25 a gallon has been proposed.  Great idea because the fee does not increase the deficit.  Opponents can buy an electric car and stop global warming.  A win-win.
Nancy worked at the Garden’s this afternoon.  She said they were busy.  That what sunshine does, it gets folks out of the house.

I spent the afternoon doing laundry, taking out trash, and putting new batteries in our indoor/outdoor thermometers.  Also put out more corn for the deer.  Today I made our annual contribution to the Grandkids education fund.  Of course it would not be Wednesday without a nap.


Light dinner and then we watched the news, Jeopardy and the Olympics.  Disappointed to see that both the Men and Women Hockey teams lost.

No comments: