Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Monday February 5, 2018

Monday February 5, 2018

Blog time 1030 at Panera

It was cold, 12, when first went out this morning. Wind chills were near zero.  The sidewalks have not been plowed so I decided to not to walk to the Y today.  I did my entire routine at home.  Before heading out I called the plumber and told him we have to replace an outside faucet.  It is leaking.  I also called our GP, Dr Kutsche, to make an appointment to have my hip checked out.  I lucked out, I have an appointment for tomorrow.  

Showered, bundled up and walked to Panera.  Nancy headed out early for a class at MVP.

Childhood obesity has been a big topic lately.  Looking back to my childhood I cannot remember an overweight friend except Porky Stemkowski.  I think the reason was that in a small town the school were within walking distance.  Also most families only had one car so mom could not drive the kids to school.  In elementary school my sister and I walked to school four times, morning, lunch and upon completion.  The one way distance was about a mile.  That means on a school day we walked four miles.  Of course in warm weather we would ride our bikes.

The stock markets steep decline was the main topic in the business news.  Of course the Eagles victory also dominated the headlines.

Congress; just forget about the memos and get us an infrastructure and immigration package.  While your at it you might want to fund the government for at least 12 months.

Took a longer walk home so I could get my 10,000 steps.  I like to watch CNBC while eating lunch.  No signal so I had to walk out on the deck and sweep the snow off the dish.  It worked.  Of course CNBC was all doom and gloom.

One of my favorite men’s store, Fitzgerald’s, is moving so they are having a big moving sale.  After lunch I headed to the store.  They had a lot of items 50% off.  However, I really have a lot of clothes so found nothing I really needed.

I spent some time in the office working on family tree and paying bills.  I took a short nap and finished the afternoon with a walk around the block.

Light dinner followed by the news and Jeopardy.  We watched an episode of Inspector Lewis on Amazon.  It was snowing when I took Ms P out at 2200.  Snow and cold will continue for another week.




No comments: