Monday, February 26, 2018

Sunday February 25,2018

Sunday February 25, 2018

Weekend Update;

Blog time 1735 sitting in office on Sunday the 25th.

Saturday February 24:  this morning we drove to Panera because right after breakfast we are driving to Lake Odessa to attend a Cabin Fever Sale at the Village’s two antique malls.  The sale starts at 1000.

Great day for a Cabin Fever sale.  It was dark and gloomy but temps were above freezing.  I enjoyed opening up the Escape on the freeway.  First time I have used cruise control this year.

The place was jammed.  Everyone in West MI must have Cabin Fever.  The  mall has a lot of old tools and items my grandfather used in the 40s.  I don’t think anything from the 60s is an antique.  I wanted a MI road map pre 1952.  I could not find one.  Nancy purchased several items.  We spent over 3 hours in Lake Odessa.  Antique stores are a great trip down memory lane.

We had quick lunch as soon as we got home.  Nancy started the laundry and I set out some corn for the deer.

Took a walk around the block and a short nap.  For dinner we drove to Houlihan’s.  Nancy received a half birthday coupon.  She had chicken salad and I had fish and chips.  

We made a quick stop at Meijer’s before heading home.  I picked up a prescription and Nancy bought grapes.

At home we watched an episode of Brokenwood Mysteries on Acorn.  The show takes place in a small New Zealand town.  Debbie FaceTimed us tonight.  We got caught up.  

I finally finished Michener’s Mexico.  Started a novel by Bernard Cornwall, 1356.

Sunday February 25, 2018

The temp was 38 and windy when first went out this morning.  In fact the wind will be 25+ mph all day today.

Headed out at 0745 to the Y.  Nancy swam and I did some calisthenics and a 2K row.

At home we changed clothes and headed out to the 1000 service at Trinity Lutheran.  Big crowd at the service.  The service was shortened so the upcoming major construction project could discussed.  I volunteered to work Saturday March 10.  

We did stop Meijer’s on our way home.  Small shopping list today.

Before lunch put out corn for the deer.  Nancy finished the laundry.

Lunch and then I took my Sunday nap.  Finished the afternoon with a two mile walk.  Tough walking into the 25mph wind but enjoyed the bright sunshine.

Nancy fixed poached eggs for dinner.  I had mine on a waffle.

This evening I finished reading the GRP, watched 60 Minutes and right now we are watching the Closing Ceremonies.


No comments: