Friday, February 16, 2018

Thursday February 15, 2018

Thursday February 15, 2018

Blog time 0855 at Panera

It was dark and gloomy when I first went out this morning.  Temp was 38 and high today will be 41.  Yuk

Nancy headed out to MVP for her Thursday swim.  I had breakfast and then  got out the bike and pedaled to Panera.  I am trying to minimize my walking so warm temps have cleared the snow off the sidewalks making bike riding possible.  I will leave Panera at 1000 and head to the Y for some calisthenics and a swim.

The school shooting in Florida was horrendous.  I really don’t know the answer short of banning all guns.  

We have been watching the Olympics every evening.  For some reason I don’t think the camera work is as good as in past Olympics.  There are not many close up shots of skiers barreling down the slopes.  Whoever invented Luge?  I think Curling is more interesting.  

The President has made some recent comments that I thought were reasonable and not the least bit inflammatory.  However, the news media thinks different and starts attacking the President.  They have lost their ability to be objective.  I think it is mob mentality.  They love to pile on.

Believe it or not but Grand Rapids was considered the most livable place to live in the USA.  Take that you coastals!

Great to be back on the bike if only for a few days.  Biking is a very efficient way to travel.

I got in the pool at 1100 a perfect time because I had my choice of lanes.  At 1115 every lane was in use.

Quick lunch and then Nancy and I got in the Escape and headed to the Tanger’s Outlet Mall.  Thursday is a great day to visit the mall because it was nearly empty.  I have been told that on weekends it is hard to get a parking place.  Nancy made one purchase and I came up empty handed.

No walk today.  I did get my 30 minutes in because of the bike ride.  I took a short nap.  For dinner we headed to Brann’s.  I had their Lobster Bisque and Nancy a turkey sandwich.  Of course I ate half of Nancy’s sandwich.  

We watched the Olympics before heading to bed.  The temperature was 29 at bedtime and will remain below freezing until Saturday afternoon.  

No comments: