Friday, February 23, 2018

Thursday February 22, 2018

Thursday February 22, 2018

Blog time 1045 at Panera

Happy Birthday President Washington.  George Washington was born on this date in 1732, 286 years ago.  George Washington was a great American hero and one of my favorite presidents.

It was 32 when I first went out this morning.  No rain today so I decided to ride my bike.

Nancy left first thing for her swim.  I did my PT stretches and all the calisthenics at home.  No Y today.  

After breakfast I got on the bike and rode my normal summer route to Panera.  Total miles 8.4 miles.  It is great being back on the bike.  

Good night for the USA at the Olympics, especially the women’s hockey team.  The UM BB team also continued its winning ways with victory at PSU.

Syria is bombing their own cities and killing civilians and yet NATO and other allies do not intervene.  On another Middle East matter, Turkey and the Kurds.  The Kurds helped us defeat ISIS but they are in conflict with fellow NATO member Turkey.  I favor the Kurds.  Is there a solution?

Syria is a puppet of Iran.  This does not bode well for Israel since Iran has stated their goal is to eliminate Israel.

Quick lunch and then Nancy and I got in the Escape and headed to the New Balance store near the Rivertown Mall.  Nancy is looking for a good pair of walking shoes to take on our Chile/Argentina trip.  No luck!

At home put out more corn and picked up my office.  Finished the afternoon with a walk around the block.

For dinner we headed to Shepard’s Grill.  I had the fresh perch sandwich and Nancy had a bowl of bean soup.  Shepard’s was not crowded.  Not Nancy’s favorite restaurant but I like the food and neighborhood feel.

No Olympics tonight instead we watched an episode of Inspector Lewis.  I got my 30 minutes in today did you?




No comments: