Saturday, March 4, 2017

Friday March 3, 2017

Blog time 1030 at Panera

It was 17 degrees when I went out early this morning. My weather app said wind chills were in single digits. Much too cold to walk to Y.

Performed exercise routine at home including row. Today I set a PB for the 10 minute row.

Shaved, showered and then had quick breakfast. Left home about 0915 in bright sun but temps still in teens.

London papers this morning reported that by 2050 the UK will have a larger population that Germany and France. In addition to the problems of exiting the EU, England must still work to keep Scotland in the UK. What is the matter with Scotland. How can a country of only 5.3 million folks compete, especially since their North Sea oil output is declining. Michigan has more people.

The Daily Mail this morning ran a series of old photos from India. The photos were taken in the 1860s when India was under British colonial rule. Great Photos. The Daily Mail periodically runs old photos from their archives. Very interesting.

Also because they are the Daily Mail they ran a story of a man in Thailand having sex with a cow. Only in England does this story make front page.

Russia, Russia, Russia this country cannot keep out of the news. The AG talks to the Russian Ambassador as does the President Trump's son. I really doubt that contacts with the Russians influenced the US Elections. Most folks who voted probably know nothing of Russia or its politics.

This afternoon Nancy and I attended the GR Home and Garden Show. Many folks in attendance, they probably had cabin fever. I like visiting this show because I expect to win the lottery. When this happens I will buy a cottage on Lake Huron. I have some ideas for a vacation home.

We stopped at Reserve Wine Restaurant for a glass of wine and cheese plate. We did this last year. However, we waited about 20 minutes to get waited on so we walked out.

At home I took a two mile walk. Since Ms P cannot walk for a week I find that my time for a mile is 19 minutes.

For dinner tonight we went to JT"s Pizza. We split a medium ham and pineapple with one piece left over. Good grief two years ago I could eat a whole medium pizza and then steal a piece from Nancy's.

Yesterday I reported on Costco doing ok. I had heard this news on CNBC. Today my Sister, Helen, called and said that she heard Costco is raising their annual membership fees because of poor sales. An article in today's WSJ confirmed my Sister.

We watched an episode of Rebus on Acorn. The show is filmed in Edinburgh. We have a hard time understanding the Scottish brogue. I can't figure out how to get closed captions on Acorn.

Another cold night ahead for us. Temps will be in mid teens. Channel 8 said we will not see another night as cold as this until November. I can live with that.




No comments: