Sunday, March 19, 2017

Friday March 17, 2017

Blog time 0920 at Panera:

Happy St Patrick's Day. I could find no green shirts so I wore my Irish woolen sweater that I bought in Ireland last year. Love Irish woolen clothes.

Today is also the birthday of my Great Grandfather Sanborn whose 1938 diary I report on periodically. GGF Sanborn was born in 1856.

This morning the temp was 30 and overcast. Snow predicted for later today.

I did my exercise routine at 80% this morning with no aerobics. I have a pre surgery physical at 1100 today. Nancy is picking me up at 1020 and driving me to the Doctors.

Speaking of my upcoming cataract surgery as I was walking to Panera my cell went off and it was the Doctor's office. They told my what my share of the cost would be and wanted me to pay for it before surgery.

Made a quick read of the papers this morning.

President is having a meeting this morning with German Chancellor Merkel. I think Chancellor Merkel is a very competent leader and I hope the President makes an effort to get along.

Of course POTUS claims that he and the Chancellor have something in common. They were both wire tapped by President Obama. Give it a break POTUS.

Both Chancellor Merkel and the French leader have told Turkish leader Erdogan to stop the name calling. I agree.

Nancy picked me up at 1020 and we headed to Dr Kutsche's office. Nancy dropped me off and headed to St Mary's Lab to get some blood work done.

The physical was painless. A little poking and prodding plus an EKG. I think I passed.

After the Doctor's visit we headed to Staples. I purchased a stylus/ball point.

Since 1030 we have had a light snow/rain mix. After lunch I walked over to Meijer's to pick up a prescription. I also bought a bottle of Red Breast Irish Single Pot Whiskey.

For dinner had a steak and ale pie. Good meal for St Patrick's Day.

Emailed several high school classmates who attended a special St Patrick's Day party in 1956. Jerry Kendziorski, class president, had a party at his house for about six guys. His mother bought us some green beer. We also had bologna sandwiches. Green bologna on green bread. This was the first time a parent had let us drink in their home. We were good and did not overindulge.

No comments: