Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday March 2, 2014

Weekend Update: Saturday March 1, 2014: In most years we would say March came in like a lion. But with the winter we have been having this year last night's snow and cold temperatures was just a normal day. I kind of slept in so I did not shovel before going to breakfast. I walked to the Omelette Shop. I had to wait about five minutes. I had their oatmeal breakfast. I also read the WSJ. Russia is certainly taking a big risky step by it actions in Crimea. I know Crimea played an important part in Russian history but I was totally ignorant. I read the wikipedia version of the Crimean War. Putin has pushed the troubles in Syria and Thailand off the front pages. I shoveled after I got home from breakfast. Nancy is still recovering. She had quite a bit of pain today. The pills seem to work. Nancy's friend Kathi stopped by for a visit. I finished the afternoon with a 2.1 mile walk. For dinner I drove to Olga's in Gaslight to get some of their peasant soup. We watched some of the UM basketball game. Debbie face timed us. This is a great way to talk with family. Debbie recommended we watch Side Effects on Netflix. We did. I opened my bottle of 15 year old Springbank scotch. I enjoy sipping scotch especially since it is made in Great grandfather McTavish's home town. Sunday March 2: We got to sleep in today because the pool at MVP is closed. We got another 1" of snow last night. I shoveled the walks before going to the Kava House to get us scones and coffee. We are having scrambled eggs and ham for dinner tonight. I read the funnies and then took a shopping list Nancy had prepared and headed to Meijer's. Gas today was $3.75. Since I slept in today I did not take my normal Sunday nap. I worked some in my office and then took a 2.1 mile walk. It is now 1622 and I am headed out for another walk. This time about 1.75 mile. After dinner we will watch 60 Minutes and then some Netflix. Good news, Nancy has not needed a pain pill today. She did take a shower. We removed her bandages and after the shower rewrapped her knee with a compression wrap.

No comments: