Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tuesday June 4, 2013

Boy it has been awhile since I have written this blog. I checked and my last entry was Sunday April 28. I wrote the April 28 blog in CA. Nancy and I spent 10 days in the LA area. We spent 5 days with Missy and AJ and then visited Steve and his family. We left CA on Tuesday May 7. We have been having a lot of rain in GR so when we got home our lawn was about 6" high. On Wednesday May 8 we attended a fund raising event at Meijer Gardens. This was a formal event so we had to get dressed up. We spent about two weeks catching up. We did attend a Mother Days lunch at the Moleski's. I attended Breakfast Club on Wednesday the 15th. I think that we were totally back to our normal routine by the 18th. On the 22nd I visited my skin doctor and she took a sample of a spot on my nose. Thursday the 24th we attended a wine and cheese event at the Van Andel Institute. We got a tour of the facility. Wells Fargo our financial advisors sponsored the event. On the 24th we attended an OHNA monthly TGIF. It was held outdoors and despite the cold we had a good turnout. On Memorial Day Nancy and I got in the Taurus and headed to Mackinac Island. For my birthday Nancy got reservations for two nights at the Grand Hotel. The Grand Hotel is great. The rooms were big and nicely decorated. Breakfast and dinner were included in the package. The evening meal was 5 courses and the food was great. I did have to wear a sport coat and tie for dinner. The only downside was the weather. On Tuesday our only full day on the Island the temperature was in the low 40s with rain and high winds. We left Wednesday morning for home. We did stop in Gaylord to see Helen and Don. We also stopped in Cedar Springs to pick up Ms P. On Thursday morning I drove Nancy to St Mary's SE Medical Center. Nancy had surgery on her left foot. The Doctor removed a bone spur and lengthen her achilles. The Doctor told me everything went well. Nancy must wear a boot all day for the next three weeks. For the following three weeks she must wear the boot at night. Not being a great cook we have been eating take-out from the Outback and Russ's. We took the bandages off Monday morning and Nancy has two heavily stitched areas. Ms P has constantly been at her side. Our west side garage door opener stopped working so we are in the process of getting it replaced. This morning I drove Nancy to Blodgett for a gift shop meeting. I then went swimming. I picked her up at noon. Nancy fixed a great chicken noodle soup for dinner. The days are really long. Sunset is at 2117. I love this time of year.

No comments: