Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday June 21, 2013

Happy Solstice: We get 15h21' of daylight today. In Edinburgh they have 17h36' of daylight. Today although much warmer than the last couple of days was still a great day. After the morning calisthenics I load up the single speed road bike and head to White Pine Trail. I rode 25 miles in 2h08'. It was a great day. I had a fawn walk across the trail right in front of me. The trail was crowded with bikers and walkers. After the ride I stopped by the Kava House to read the WSJ. I got home at 1300 and had a quick lunch. Nancy is still not very mobile but she is getting better every day. I delivered a OHNA notice about the upcoming Dumpster Day. The OHNA hires a refuse hauler to leave dumpsters in the old Iroquois parking lot. Neighbors can bring all the bulk items they want to discard. It took me about an hour to deliver the notices because I stopped and talked to Tom Skaggs a neighbor who lives at 1555 Alexander. Tom was a Naval Officer who served with a construction outfit in Vietnam. We can talk all day about Vietnam. I took a shower and then a short nap. For dinner Nancy and I ate at Olga's in Gas Light Village. Recently Gas Light Village has added several restaurants and this has generated a lot of foot traffic. I just took Ms P around the block. We will watch some TV before heading upstairs.

No comments: