Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tuesday June 18, 2013

Another really nice day. The sun was shining bright and the temperature was in the high 60s when I got on the single speed road bike and headed to the MAC. Yesterday I put a new Brooks saddle on the bike and also added a speedometer. Today is my tri day so I swam my 1,000 yards. I also had to shave the head and face. I ended up at the Kava House. I had a quick lunch and then planned on spending some time working in the office. However, Nancy called me down stairs to look at a critter hiding in our bushes. Nancy noticed the critter because Ms P was barking at it. The critter was a skunk. Several days ago I noticed a big skunk walking across the back yard. It was probably the same skunk hiding in our bushes. We put Ms P in the house and I called Critter Control. They have not called back. It has been a week since I cut the grass so I decided to start doing the front yard. The skunk prevented me from doing the back yard. I finished the front yard at 1800. I looked in the bushes and our friend had departed. We still have to get rid of the skunk because I don't want to have to clean up Ms P. Last week our neighbor, Allen Bennett, had to clean his dog who tangled with a skunk. I think it was probably the same skunk that resides some place in our back yard. Allen cleaned his dog with tomato juice. I have heard that this is the best solution for getting rid of the skunk odor. Nancy fixed chicken and bean taco for dinner. They were real good. Nancy had to attend an OHNA Board meeting tonight. I stayed and watched some TV. Actually I fell asleep for about 40 minutes.

No comments: