Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tuesday July 31, 2012

We had a heavy thunderstorm roll through last night. Of course Ms P went bonkers. She finally settled down about 0300 and slept until 0600. I slept in until 0715. Today I did all my calisthenics including rowing 2,000M. I have been watching the Olympic rowing events and I am surprised how good the Concept 2 machine mimics actual rowing. Watching some college rowers using the Concept 2 at the MAC, I can see why it is a great dry land rowing exercise. My best time in the 2K is 8'59" and a young lady on the MSU team consistently does 7'20". At the MAC I ran a mile and swam 1,000 yards. Olympics swimmers are 3 times faster than I am and the rowers are about 30% faster. I like being able to compare. I did not get to the Kava House until 1200. I read the WSJ but not the DFP. When I got home I watched some rowing on TV and then got in the Taurus and headed to the Ford garage. I now have an appointment to get the Satellite radio fixed. We really needed last night's rain, however, the heat still lingers. It is now in the mid-80s. We will continue watching the Olympics tonight.

No comments: