Friday, August 10, 2012

Thursday August 9, 2012

Good grief both Ms P and I slept in until 0650. After the morning routine I pedaled to the MAC and did my tri today. The weather folks said it would rain all day but I did not encounter any this morning. It was cool today with the temperature in the high 60s. I did the tri today and made some modifications to my routine. I increased the rowing and running and decreased the swimming from 1050 yards to 900. Yesterday's DFP had an article on the Detroit Water and Sewer Department. The Director had commissioned a study on how to improve the Department. The report recommended a 80% reduction in staff. For years I have heard about the incompetence of the department. I was surprised that the Mayor and most of the City Commission agreed with the report. The DFP had an editorial recommending that the findings in the report be implemented soon. After lunch I took a quick nap and then tried to catch up on some projects. For dinner Nancy and I ate at Great Lakes Shipping. We both had the shrimp salad. We got home in time to watch some of the Olympics. Nancy headed upstairs at 2100 but I stayed up to watch some of the decathlon. I could not stay awake for the final decathlon event the 1,500 meter run.

No comments: