Friday, August 17, 2012

Thursday August 16, 2012

I was so excited that last Monday, the 13th, was "Left Hander Day" that I forgot to mention that it was also VJ Day. VJ meaning Victory over Japan marks the end of WWII in 1945. I happen to remember that day. Dad and I were at my Uncle Bill Hughes home. Uncle Bill had a big garden and I think he gave us some corn. The sirens and church bells started ringing. My Dad who at the time was City Manager of Alpena wondered why all the noise. The Fire Chief, Tanky McKim, was driving by and Dad stopped him. The Chief said the war was over the Japanese had surrendered. Did you know my Dad was paid $4,500 per year as City Manager? My Mother said it was the only time she was able to save money. I took Ms P out at 0500. I woke up for good at 0700. Despite the weather warnings I rode the bike to the MAC. I did the tri today. It was pouring rain when I left the MAC. I headed home because we also had some thunder and lightning. I was thoroughly soaked when I walked in the house. Ms P was extra hyper. The thunder drives her bonkers. I changed clothes and then got in the C2 and drove to the Kava House. After lunch I headed to Meijer's to get some apples. I also stopped at Macatawa Bank to renew a CD. The interest rates are criminal. It is now 1635 and Nancy is at the dentist. Tonight we are going out to dinner with the Horlings. Nancy and Hal have birthdays this month and we are celebrating. We had dinner at the Bonefish Grill. The place was jammed. We all had a great meal. We were home by 2100 and after reading the GRP I headed to bed.

No comments: