Saturday, August 18, 2012

Friday August 17, 2012

It was cool and clear when Ms P and I went out at 0500. The stars were all in the eastern sky. During the summer they were in the western sky. I might want to do some star research. After my at home calisthenics I loaded the bike up and headed to Millennium Park. I rode 20 miles in 1h43'. I had to slow down for a doe and her fawn crossing the road. The bike trails in the park keeping getting better. Two days ago they opened another paved trail. I stopped by the Kent County Parks office and got an updated map. I stopped at the Kava House to read my morning papers. I did read both the WSJ and DFP but I got so depressed reading about the problems in the world that I want to forget everything I read. After a quick lunch I walked Ms P around the block and then took a quick nap. Tonight Nancy and I have to work at a concert at Meijer's Garden. The feature singer is Bonnie Raitt. We get to watch the concert after working. We started working at 1700 and were finished at 1830 when the concert started. Our job was handling traffic into the VIP and handicap parking area. Nancy fixed a picnic dinner and I bought a beer. We ate and drank and watched a great concert. The place was at capacity. The concert ended at 2100. The Gardens does a great job of traffic control. We were home by 2130.

No comments: