Friday, November 1, 2019

Thursday October 31, 2019

Thursday October 31, 2019

Blog time 1145 at Fox Ford

The rain and cold continues.  Nancy said it was still raining and cold when she went out this morning.  In fact snow warnings up for this evening.

Nancy has a busy day today.  She left at 0700 for her Thursday swim.  Later she has an appointment with Doctor Yurko, our dermatologist.  This afternoon she has training at the Gardens followed by a hair cut.

No bike today.  After breakfast I drove to the Y.  It was 38 and raining hard.  For my aerobic exercise I rowed for six minutes.  My Apple Watch rowing app said my average heart rate was 170.  Like my swimming heart rate I think the rowing rate is too high.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  Halloween is my least favorite holiday.  However,  I do remember one enjoyable Halloween.  It was 1973 and Nancy and I had just moved into our big house on Mackinaw Road in the Ottawa Hills neighborhood.  The girls had started a new school and we had not had a chance to meet our new neighbors.  

Debbie did meet Molly Kirkwood who lived across the street.  Debbie said we could go trick or treating with the Kirkwoods.  It was a warm beautiful fall evening.  Debbie and Missy were all dressed up.  Nancy and Steve who was only 3 months stayed home to hand out treats.  The neighborhood streets were packed with young families.  Jack Kirkwood introduced me to several neighbors.  Every one was very friendly.  The girls loved it.  I got a great impression of our new neighborhood.  

Nancy made a great decision picking out the house and neighborhood.  We lived in Ottawa Hills for over 40 years.  Great memories.

At Panera I finished yesterday’s blog and read my email before heading to Fox Ford.  I am now sitting in the waiting room eating popcorn and reading the papers.

Every time I go to the Ford dealer I walk around the showroom.  The only non SUV or Pickup in the showroom were tricked out Mustangs priced at $40,000+.  I guess the standard 4 door sedan is a thing of the past.

The new small Ford pickup, Ranger, is also over $40,000.  They only had the crew cab on display.  In fact there were no extended cab or standard cabs in the lot.  What happens if gas prices skyrocket.  Buy small Japanese sedans?

We still switch channels when impeachment news comes on.  Who wants to listen to all the grandstanding by pols of both parties.


The devastation caused by the California fires is hard to fathom.  Homes are completely destroyed right down to the foundations.  The heat generated must be tremendous.

Got home just as Nancy was leaving for her training at the Gardens.  Second training session in a week.  Nancy will get her hair cut after the training.

Lunch and then a quick nap.  Finished reading and then when Nancy got home prepared our apple snack.  

For dinner Nancy fixed me a stout pie with peas.  We watched the news and Jeopardy while eating our evening snack.

Tonight, being Thursday, a new episode of Doc Martin was released.  We watched it.  The best show on TV.

Nancy headed to bed and I continued watching the Welsh crime show.  It was 32 and a snow/rain mix was falling when I took Ms P out at 2230.

Tonight we had no Trick or Treaters.  In fact we have never had any at the condo.  Snow accumulations predicted for tonight.






No comments: