Saturday, November 30, 2019

Friday November 29, 2019

Friday November 29, 2019

Blog time 0900 sitting in living room.

Up at 0600 and took Ms P out.  It was 32 and very pleasant.  

I quickly dressed and headed to the Y.  I did my calisthenics and walk.  Showered and was home by 0800.

Nancy said Debbie and Alessandra were still in bed so I headed to Panera and got us a coffee.  I plan on taking Debbie and Alessandra to breakfast but if they don’t get up soon it will be lunch.

Alessandra got up at 0900, Debbie remained in bed.  Alessandra and I had breakfast at Bob Evans.  We both had pancakes and eggs.  Good food!

At home Debbie and Alessandra started packing for their big trip back to San Jose.  On this flight they will stop in Chicago before headed to SJ.  The weather looks ok.

Blast From Past:

Year 1961:  I spent Thanksgiving Day at the Pearl Harbor Naval Station.  Had a spectacular Thanksgiving dinner at the PH Officer’s Club.  I remember getting huge shrimp out of a big silver serving bowl.  I had never had shrimp this tasty or big.
On the Friday after Thanksgiving I got on a military transport plane that took me to Midway Island.  The flight was called a Log Flight.  They flew to Midway on Mondays and Fridays.  I spent 1year, 2weeks and 13hours on Midway.

Spent most of the afternoon relaxing.  I did find time for a short walk.

We arrived at the Airport at 1630.  Debbie and Alessandra breezed through security.  They had a problem free trip to SJ.

For dinner Nancy served leftovers from Thanksgiving.  Turkey, mashed potatoes and dressing.  Finished with a slice of pumpkin pie.

Tonight after the news we watched another episode of Call the MidWifes.  Nancy headed to bed and I stayed up and watched Goliath.  Weird show but I keep watching.




No comments: