Friday, November 29, 2019

Thursday November 28, 2019

Thursday November 28, 2019

Blog time 2230 sitting in living room

HAPPY THANKSGIVINGS, 2019!

Took Ms P out at 0630.  The wind had stopped and temperature was in low 30s.  Looks like a nice day.

Started the morning with a short walk followed by my normal weekday breakfast.  Drove to Meijer gas station and bought Nancy and me a coffee.

Nancy made cherry scones for breakfast.  They were great.

Nancy started working early this morning on our Thanksgiving dinner.  Alessandra and I were given the job of stuffing the turkey.  Nancy put the turkey in the oven and said we will eat at 1430.

My Dad always said that the sign of a real man is his ability to carve, especially a turkey.  I failed his test.

We ate in our dining room.  Turkey, cranberry sauce, dressing, mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans, crescent rolls and pumpkin pie a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

In my youth we alway had Thanksgiving Dinner at my Grandparents farm.  I talked with my sister today and we agreed at least 40 folks attended.  The women prepared four turkeys.  After dinner my Aunt Bernice Scott would play the piano and we would all sing traditional hymns and songs.  Great memory.

Speaking of family we talked to both Steve and Missy today.  They are enjoying their Thanksgiving.

Alessandra, Nancy and I finished the afternoon with a short walk.  The temperature was 32 but no wind so the walk was very pleasant.

We spent a very relaxing evening, reading, watching some TV (how about them Lions).  Finished the evening watching an episode of Midsomer Murders.  Debbie loves this show.



No comments: