Monday, November 11, 2019

Friday November 8, 2019

Friday November 8, 2019

Blog time 1000 at Panera

It was cold this morning, 21.  But we should see sun later.

Today is a busy day for Nancy.  She has her Book Club at noon.  Later we are taking Ms P to the kennel.  Nancy is apprehensive about leaving Ms P.  It has been years since we have boarded her at a kennel.

No MVP for Nancy and I am not going to the Y.  I did do some mild calisthenics at home.

We got a message from United Airlines saying it was time to download our boarding passes.  We did. It was painless.

I hopped on my winter bike and headed to Panera.  Had an oatmeal breakfast.  Later this morning I am having lunch with Jennifer Dougherty.  Jennifer worked for me for many years.  

Got home at 1130 and Nancy had everything under control for Book Club.  On my way to lunch I made a quick stop at Tractor Farm and Fleet.  The store reminds me of Dillinger’s Store in Hubbard Lake, MI.  Dillinger’s would be my Grandfather’s first stop if he needed a part for his farm equipment.  With Sears closing Tractor Farm and Fleet is one of the only stores to buy bib overalls and other work clothes.

Jennifer and I had lunch at Keizer’s in Lowell.  It was great talking to Jennifer and finding out what was happening in her life.  Jennifer even asked for my advise on an engineering matter.  Made me feel good.  Keizer’s has great food.

Got home just after Book Club ended.  Nancy said it went well.

We gathered up Ms P’s favorite toy and some snacks and headed to the Kennel.  Nancy had made up a week’s supply of medicine.  She also gave the kennel some written info on Ms P’s physical limitations.

For dinner we finished Book Club’s chicken pot pie with coleslaw and croissants.  Very good.

We decided to drive to the airport tomorrow instead of using Uber.  This evening watched an episode of Hamish MacBeth.  Jury still out on this show.  Set the alarm for 0450 before turning in.  Busy day tomorrow.  




No comments: