Saturday, November 2, 2019

Friday November 1, 2019

Friday November 1, 2019

Blog time noon at Panera:

No snow accumulated last night but the temperature was 32 this morning.  Nancy headed to MVP and after breakfast I got on my winter bike and headed to the Y.

I took the winter bike because I thought I might encounter some icy patches on my ride.  Did not happen.

Took the shorter 5 mile ride to the Y.  Today after calisthenics I walked a mile.  My time for a mile was 20 minutes and everyone was passing me.  

They never quit.  New forest fires started last night in Ventura County.   However, forest fires are not new to Ventura County.  In November 1961 while attending the Navy’s Civil Engineering Corps Officer’s school in Port Hueneme, Ventura County we were put on standby because of nearby forest fires.  We were going to be volunteered to help fight the fires.  Luckily, the fires were contained and we were not needed.

Got home from Panera at 1300.  Kim was still cleaning so I got in the Taurus and headed to Ada Bike.  I took the Taurus because Kim’s car blocked the Escape.  

I had purchased a new bike speedometer that worked off cell towers.  No wires.  Easy to switch from bike to bike.  I want to know how many miles I ride in a year.  This year I think I have ridden about 1800 miles.  Really don’t know because no meter on the Bianchi (winter bike). 

After Ada Bike I headed to Costco but as I pulled into the lot realized my card was in the Escape.  Turned around and headed home.  Finally at Costco purchased sandwich thins, wine and a hot dog for later.  The store was crowded but they had many lanes open.  Very short wait.

No nap today but I did fix our apple snack.  This evening we attended a member’s only Art’s and Crafts show at Meijer’s Garden.  Left home at 1700.  Spent some time looking around.  Our only purchase was a bag of Doggy treats made from byproducts of beer brewing.

At home I ate my hot dog with some chips and a hard boiled egg.  We watched an episode of Mid Somerdyke Murders before turning in.  Low 30s tonight but no snow.


  

No comments: