Thursday, December 7, 2017

Wednesday December 6, 2017

Wednesday December 6, 2017

Blog time 1100 at Panera.

The alarm goes off at 0515. I get ready for Breakfast Club.

I thought we would have snow on the ground but no luck.  Temp in mid 20s with high winds.

I make a big deal of getting up before 0600 for BC.  However, during my work career every day I would set my alarm for 0535.

Another small turnout for BC.  I really don’t know why more members don’t attend.  I find getting to the University Club easy.  We have paid underground parking, good food and a great view of downtown from the U Club’s 10 floor location.  This morning we watched the sun come up.

Today’s speaker was GR’s Historical Preservation Officer.  She gave a great description of her job and discussed current projects.

The sun was shining bright when I left BC.  I headed straight home, changed clothes, pumped up the bike tires and headed to Panera.  

POTUS is again stirring the pot by moving the USA Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.  Most of the EU and Middle East countries oppose this move.  I think originally, 1948?, Jerusalem was to be made an international city.  This makes sense to me.  The city could be run by a triumvirate made up of representatives of the three major religions.

The Border Patrol is testing prototypes of the wall.  Dumb, dumb why do we need this stupid wall?

Time’s person of the year is not POTUS but The Silence Breakers.  Speaking of silence breakers the editor of the National Enquirer is accused of inappropriate behavior.  Good grief the National Enquirer!

Left Panera at noon in bright sun but very high winds.  Difficult riding a bike in winds over 30mph.  

Nancy is working at the Gardens this afternoon.  She was leaving as I was getting home.

First thing I did at home was take Ms P on a walk.  She does not seem to mind the wind.

Quick lunch and then did my Wednesday chores, laundry and trash.  I also took my Wednesday nap.

After the nap I paid some bills.  I bundled up and walked to the mailbox.

Nancy said the Gardens was hectic this afternoon.  Several companies had their Christmas parties at the Gardens.

Light dinner and then watched the news.  We did watch a new episode of Brokenwood Mysteries.


We noted that the big LA fires were near Missy’s condo.  FaceTimed Missy and she said the fires were very close.  No school today for Akerke because of the smoke.  Santa Ana winds of 70mph are driving the LA fires.  I don’t think I could walk into a 70mph wind.

No comments: