Saturday, December 16, 2017

Friday December 15, 2017

Friday December 15, 2017

Blog time 1120 at Panera

Set alarm for 0615 because today we have an 0800 appointment to get Nancy’s eye patch off.  It was snowing with temps in the mid 20s when we headed out.

Nancy checked in and they took her immediately into the Doctor’s office.  They removed the patch, checked her eye and told her about the post ops eye drop procedure.  The most serious restriction is no swimming for three weeks.

Heavy snow when we left the Doctors.  Dropped Nancy off and headed to the Y.  I did not walk today because the sidewalks have not been plowed.

Did the calisthenics and then walked/ran two miles.  My average mile time was 15’.

I just looked out the window and saw the snow had stopped.  This break will give the snow removal crews time to catch up.  Nancy is having lunch today with friends.

I completed all my normal morning reading and could not find anything I want to comment on.  The snow had started up again as I left Panera.  We might get some accumulation before tomorrow.

At home I did take a walk around the block.  Tahoe Drive and the neighborhood sidewalks still have not been plowed.

I did some shoveling before heading inside for the day.  Nancy has been bugging me to get the upstairs fireplace working.  I read the manual and looked at a You Tube video before actually trying to get the pilot fired up.  The video helped because as soon as I put a match to the pilot it fired up.  We now have our fireplace working.  This fireplace is only for show.  Minimal heat is generated.  I should mention that when I opened the flue a dead bat dropped down.  I quickly disposed of the bat before Nancy got home.

Typically during winter I wear waterproof boots.  However, as a boy we wore Oxford shoes or tennis shoes all year round.  In the winter we wore rubber galoshes (over shoe) over our shoes.  The standard rubber galoshes was about 10 inches high and had a zipper to close them.  However, a really cool fourth grader would wear four buckle arctics.  These overshoes were sturdier that the standard galoshes.  You closed the Arctic’s by the buckles.  Of course no self respecting fourth grader would buckle his buckles.

Nancy said she had a great lunch with friends.  The had lunch at the Cork located at the Watermark Golf Club.  


Stayed home and had chili for dinner along with a spinach pie.  Watched an episode of The Killing and then after Nancy went to bed I watch the final episode of Godless.  Love a good western.  It was snowing when I took Ms P out for the last time.

No comments: