Sunday, December 3, 2017

Friday December 1, 2017

Friday December 1, 2017

Blog time 1145 at Panera

This morning was a repeat of yesterday.  Up early and head out at 0730 for the eye surgeon.  Today Nancy had her eye patch removed and got instructions on post surgery medicines.

The Doctor declared the surgery a success.  She cannot drive today but tomorrow is ok.  No serious exercise for five days but gentle walking is ok.  Nancy can also resume taking her pills for her recurring foot pain.  She was up for several hours last night because of the pain.  The pills usually work.

At home I did some calisthenics and then biked to Panera.  The News App on my iPad is currently not updating stories from the Daily Mail or Telegraph.  I hope this is temporary because I miss the trashy stories.

POTUS is losing the support of the WSJ.  Today an opinion piece took POTUS to task for his reckless tweets.  I also read Peggy Noonan’s op-ed this week which was also highly critical of our leader.  

The temp when I left Panera was 48 or 20 degrees warmer than earlier.  Kim was just wrapping up when I got home.  The house looks good.

I tried to take Ms P on a walk but she refused.  I walked around the block but decided to take a slight detour.  The detour was on the old golf course path.  I just got on the path and encountered a Fox.  It was standing on the edge of a small woods.  I was able to get several good photos.   Made my day!

After lunch I ran errands.  First stop was Gagnon Travel to talk with Peggy Brumley.  Akerke is going to stay with us for several days after Christmas.  We will take her back after the first of the year and will need plane tickets.

Next stop was Bill and Paul’s Sports.  I was looking to get some ski goggles to wear on super cold days.  My left eye, the shingles eye, cannot tolerate the cold.  I thought goggle might help.  Wow are they expensive.  I will check Costco.

Next stop was the Breton Village Car Wash followed by stops at Fitzgeralds and Orvis.  Only one purchase made.

For dinner we had more of the food Kathi brought yesterday.  It was very good.  Watched the news and the season final episode of Wanted.  Of course they left us hanging until next season.

Meteorologists consider December 1 the first day of winter.  December, January and February are the winter months.




No comments: